Childcare Centre Cook
Be part of an opportunity to work in a purpose-built childcare centre which seeks to incorporate psychology with childcare, and which emphasises the importance of nutrition in children’s development.
The centre is approved for 60 places and caters for children aged 0-6 years.
We are looking for a friendly and talented cook to join our team for the period January to December 2019, to replace our current cook who will be going on maternity leave.
The requirements are as follows:
- fixed term permanent contract between Jan – Dec 2019
- 5 days per week, ~6 hours per day, starting from around 8:45am to 2:45pm.
The cook will be required to follow a menu, which is already established for the centre. Meals that need to be prepared include the following:
- Morning & afternoon tea
Responsibilities & qualifications include:
- Certificate in Food Handling, Nutrition and Menu Planning.
- Current Working With Children Check (WWCC) is required.
- Sound knowledge and experience in food preparation, nutritional standards, food hygiene practices & kitchen management.
- Ability to cater for special dietary and cultural needs.
- Ability to cater for age appropriate meals e.g. puree and solids etc.