Childcare Centre Cook
We are searching for an experienced dedicated and passionate COOK that fits into the culture of our wonderful team at our family owned centre at Turramurra on Sydney's upper north shore. This is a part-time position (8:45am-12:45pm 5 days a week). Holding a Certificate III of childcare would be an advantage as we could offer full-time hours (morning in the kitchen and afternoon working in the rooms with the children).
To be eligible for the Cook position
- Understand dietary guidelines and be able to prepare and cook food
- Ideally have experience working as a cook in a childcare centre (not essential)
- Hold a food safety handling certificate or be willing to obtain one (preferred)
- Willing to menu plan and regularly evaluate the menu for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years
- Prepare a weekly order to maintain stock and supplies
- Complete kitchen audits
- Maintain a high level of kitchen hygiene
- Be a team player, be professional and organised
- Have good communication skills
- Have a current working with children check.
- Be an Australian Resident or hold a working visa (this is essential).
If you would like to find out more please contact Sally (Director) on 0299880630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org