Outside School Hours Care Coordinator - West Pennant Hills
- Looking for a change from teaching or early childcare, that's flexible, fun and rewarding.
- Supportive Manager with plenty of OSHC experience & knowledge.
- Split shifts - flexible to use your time in the day
We are now looking for a customer service driven Coordinator to come and lead our team at West Peennant Hills between the hours of 7AM - 10AM & 2.30PM - 6.30PM, Monday to Friday.
About your new role
Reporting to the Children Services Manager, you will provide leadership and a fun, engaging, interactive and most importantly SAFE environment to a team of 10 Educators and the primary school age children that use the service.
You can expect to have adequate resources to deliver the highest quality of service to the 120+ kids we have in our care and their parents. You will continue the Stakeholder relationship with the Principle of the school.
Having a workforce planner doing your rosters for you will give you more time back to focus on the daily running of the centre.
What else is involved
- Programing for the service, crafts and activities
- Approx 10 hrs Admin time during the week
- Easy to navigate QikkKids software for rolls and bookings. (We have a Team that supports you with this)
- Liaise with families, bring a sense of community and improve on quality.
- Vacation Care Service during the School Holiday period
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Diploma in Children's Services or equivalent
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- 2 years' experience in a similar role, or experience leading others
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to children from a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and groups.
- Working with Children's check
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diversity and offers flexible work arrangements to support our employees as well as encourage work life balance!
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA NSW, including its Board of Directors, commits to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures all people involved in YMCA NSW activities, programs or services act in the best interests of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and take all reasonable steps to ensure their safety, welfare and wellbeing. The successful applicant is required to undergo probity checks which include Reference checks, a Working with Children Check and Criminal History Check before commencement. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.