Early Childhood Teacher
Integricare is a Christian organisation committed to making a positive difference in the lives of families, children and disadvantaged people. Operating in the early learning sector, we are a well-established organisation undergoing a quiet revolution. We are reinventing ourselves and ready to innovate our way into our future. So, if you are excited about creating a new world and coming on an exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking an Early Childhood Teacher to fill a vacant position at our Northmead service. The position is full time and reports to the Manager, Integricare Northmead Baptist Child Care.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
- Member of the EL team of the centre.
- Room leader of a small group of staff.
- Writing children’s documentation that includes: analysis, identification of the individual’s learning disposition and progression of the learning.
- Designing and developing learning environments to reflect the different learning dispositions, skill/developmental levels and interest of children.
- Working in a collaborative manner with all staff.
- Modelling and supporting staff in the established collaborative writing groups.
- Supporting the established relationships with families; and the ‘culture’ of the centre.
- Participating and contributing to the pedagogical discussions and studies.
- Being an intentional practitioner and communicator.
Expertise in the following areas is required:
- Ability to develop partnerships with parents and families.
- Ability to develop warm and meaningful relationships with children.
- Proven self-motivated team leader
- Proven high level interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and being able to work as part of a team
Knowledge of the following is needed:
- Child development for 0-6 year olds and current trends in Early Childhood Education.
- Relevant legislation and NQF
Experience is also required in:
- Working with children with additional needs is highly desirable.
- Working in Children’s centres and a Certified Supervisor Number is highly desirable.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education. University trained.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Commitment to inclusive Early Childhood practices
- Support our Christian Mission and Vision
- Pass the necessary checks before being employed.
Please email your application including a Covering Letter specifically addressing the criteria above and a resume to Lynette Holmes, Manager, Integricare Northmead Baptist Child Care firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Lynette Ph: (02) 9683 1938
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Linkedin - www.linkedin/company/integricareau
Video - https://youtu.be/CXEKrCGHGds