Director / Centre Manager
A rare opportunity has become available to be part of a not for profit community based, long standing Early Childhood Service in the beautiful township of Gunnedah. Gunnedah is a 45 minute drive from Tamworth. Sydney and Brisbane are only a 1-hour flight from Tamworth airport. The township has grown considerably over the past decade and is a rich mining and agricultural town boasting the tag of “Koala Capital of the world”.
The service is licensed for 39 places for 0-6-year old’s and has 4 rooms, Babies, Toddlers, Preschool and School Readiness. The Service has an Early Childhood Teacher and a dedicated team of experienced Educators. The service, Mary Ranken Child Care Centre, has built a reputation for high quality and has been servicing families for over 40 years. The current waiting list has over 30 families wanting to receive a place in the family friendly service.
The position is fulltime, 38 hours per week starting 21st January 2019. The position includes the role of Educational Leader with allocated time of one day per week on the floor. The position is supported with an Administration Officer one day per week.
Gunnedah Family and Children’s Services Incorporated is the auspising body for Mary Ranken Childcare Centre along with Gunnedah Family Day Care, Gunnedah Early Childhood Intervention and Gunnedah Supported Playgroup. Our vision is to enrich the lives of families, every single day.
- ACECQA approved Diploma or a Degree qualification in Education (Early Childhood) or related field and experience in a similar role.
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificates
- Child Protection Certificate
- An understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and demonstrated ability to assess children’s learning to develop, implement and evaluate curriculum for children aged 0-6 years
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience or knowledge of Qikkids software
- Experience or knowledge of Storypark software
- Experience with business management, finance and staffing is desirable
- Strong computer and technology skills
If you have the commitment and skill to take on this important and rewarding role, we would love to receive your application.
Please APPLY NOW with a cover letter and your resume along with two work related references. Job Application form will follow.
For further information and enquiries please call 02 6740 2295.
Closing Date 18 December 2018