Cook, Chef or Kitchen Hand
North Kellyville Pre-School is seeking a Cook, Chef or Kitchen Hand to work up to 6 hours per day assisting our Full Time Cook commencing in January 2019.
To be eligible for the position you must:-
- Understand dietary guidelines and be able to prepare and cook food
- Ideally have experience working as a cook in a childcare centre (not essential)
- Hold Certificate in Food Handling, Nutrition and Menu Planning or be willing to obtain one
- Willing to menu plan and regularly evaluate the menu for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years
- Ability to cater for age appropriate meals e.g. puree and solids etc
- Prepare a weekly order to maintain stock and supplies
- Complete kitchen audits
- Maintain a high level of kitchen hygiene
- Be a team player, be professional and organised
- Have good communication skills
- Have a current working with children check (WWCC) required
- Be an Australian Resident or hold a working visa (this is essential).
- Sound knowledge and experience in food preparation, nutritional standards, food hygiene practices & kitchen management.
- Ability to cater for special dietary and cultural needs.
Applications for this position close Friday 21 December 2018