Early Childhood Teacher
Campus Life, within Macquarie University, is currently seeking a trained Early Childhood Teacher to join the friendly and supportive Banksia Cottage early education and care centre on a permanent, full time basis.
At Banksia Cottage, you'll join a fun and inclusive team of dedicated early childhood professionals focused on provision of high quality programs. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our centres are well resourced, with low staff:child ratios and extended program release times for educators. We provide outstanding professional development opportunities including the ability to engage in research, present at conferences and publish studies in Early Childhood publications. Recent professional development successes have included papers published on Early Childhood Development blogs and websites and presentations by educators at the ECIA and ECA conferences.
Our centres have a longstanding history of providing exceptional education and care programs for Macquarie University and the local community.
The successful applicant will you will contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of high quality educational programs whilst providing a safe and stimulating environment for the children.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education recognised by ACECQA (Candidates nearing completion or in their final year of degree in Early Childhood education will be considered)
- Current Senior First Aid and Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates
- Certified Supervisor Certificate or willingness to obtain (including approved Child Protection qualification)
- Current Working with Children Check stating approved to work with children
- Previous experience working with children 0- 5 years
- Demonstrated understanding of Child Protection Laws and the responsibilities associated with being a Mandatory Reporter
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills including time management, attention to detail, ability to prioritise and work to a deadline and ability to work effectively
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Clear understanding of current early childhood issues and practices
Benefits of working for Campus Life
- Great work life balance
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Monthly RDOs
- All staff are paid above award rates plus 10% super
- Access to salary packaging and discounted health insurance
- Paid concessional days during Dec / Jan close
- Paid lunch breaks to enjoy as you choose as you won't be included in ratios
- Free Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre access
- Extensive professional development and career progression opportunities
Campus Life employees enjoy access to extensive Macquarie University facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, we want to hear from you!
All applications are to be submitted via our recruitment portal. To be considered for this position, you will need to demonstrate the above requirements in your CV and Cover Letter.
Applications close 11 pm Sunday, 9 December 2018
Campus Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer & aims to promote Diversity. All applications will be considered. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.