Childcare Assistant Manager (2IC) | Marrickville, Sydney
Childcare Assistant Manger (2IC) | Marrickville, Sydney
As the Assistant Manager you will partner with our Centre Director to mentor, lead and inspire our team to achieve success. You will play a pivotal role in building rich relationships within the centre and driving pedagogy best practice.
This bright and airy 130-place centre is a warm and welcoming service complete with light-filled interiors and excellent outdoor areas perfect for learning and development. With incursions, plenty of resources and a unique early learning Curriculum, Guardian Early Learning Centre – Marrickville provides an excellent environment for you to thrive in your career.
The benefits of working with Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network, including larger centres, turn around centres and support office roles
- Access to professional development opportunities including; leadership development, curriculum training, our Guardian masterclass program, Educator conference with national and International speakers, monthly meetings, qualification updates such as First Aid, Child Protection etc
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Our recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams and our annual Educator awards night
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shot and Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform provided
- As an Early Childhood Teacher, you’ll…
- Inspire, motivate, and guide Educators to progress the centre’s excellence in practice
- Support Educators to assess each child’s learning and development in relation to the approved learning framework, other contemporary theories and the Guardian curriculum
- Guide Educators as they critically reflect on each child’s learning and development and on their own pedagogy as part of everyday practice
- Develop Educators’ skills and abilities in completing high quality documentation
To be considered you will have:
- Diploma in Children's Service or Bachelor of Teaching/Education (Early Childhood) or ACECQA assessed qualifications
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children check
- The passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, their families and your colleagues
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education, then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
To read more about our centre at Marrickville, you can visit our blog here; https://www.guardian.edu.au/childcare-early-learning-centres/nsw/marrickville/
Guardian Early Learning Group is offering you $500 if you refer an exceptional Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) to work in one of our early learning centres. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Guardian Early Learning Group
A role at Guardian can take you on an exciting career journey.
Guardian gives you the opportunity to progress into a variety of roles both within our centres and in Support Office. Through our professional development opportunities, consistent growth and supportive team, we encourage you to grow your career with Guardian.
We want to develop our educators to understand families’ aspirations for their children, to confidently communicate how their children are progressing and how families can be involved in their child’s development most effectively. If you’d like to work with and learn from some of Australia’s most passionate and experienced early childhood educators in a company committed to providing our children with the highest quality learning experience please search our latest positions.
The early years are the most critical stage of a child’s development and we have a responsibility to do all we can to optimise a child’s developmental experience during their time with us. To achieve this our centres employ teams of early childhood educators who:
- Have a passion for the education of children
- Hold early childhood qualifications, with a commitment to continuous learning
- Optimise learning opportunities for our children
- Offer a diverse cultural experience for our children
- Enjoy working with a business that is committed to its people and running quality centres
We ensure that our children are safe and respected during every moment of their time with us by:
- Creating a learning environment within which our children can develop socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically
- Following the Guardian Curriculum which believes children are global citizens with rights
- Establishing well maintained, resourced and clean environments in our centres with beautiful soft furnishings that create a home-like atmosphere
- Striving to successfully implement the National Quality Framework to the highest standards
- Ensuring the Convention of the Rights of the Child is displayed in the centre and followed by all
We make every effort to model our behaviours on the Guardian values:
We are enthusiastic and passionate about the role we have in the lives of our children.
Open, honest and respectful interactions guide our practice.
We pursue excellence in all we do.
We partner with our families to create high quality learning and development outcomes for our children.
We recognise and celebrate the efforts and achievements of our children, educators and support team.
All members of the Guardian team work together to achieve our shared vision of being Australia’s highest quality provider of care and early learning.