Assistant Early Childhood Educator
The Stuart Park Child Care Centre is a community based, not-for-profit service that has been providing long day care for children aged 6 months to 5 years since the 1970s. The Service has 59 approved places and maintains carer to child ratios in accordance with the Education and Care National Regulations. We are open from 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays and the week from 24 December to 2 January.
We are seeking experienced Assistant Early Childhood educator to join our dynamic team in January 2019
A genuine passion and commitment for working with young children aged 6mths to 5yrs.
A day as an assistant educator:
- Be aware of the Team Leader’s daily and weekly planning and objectives.
- Assist in planning the environment, setting up interest centres, preparing and cleaning away materials and supplies.
- Evaluate programming when required.
- Assist in completing the daily reports and reflection journals.
- Create a friendly, warm, safe, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment.
- Ensure health & safety standards are maintained at all times
- Ochre Card
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Fire Awareness
- Hold or are working towards a Diploma in Children’s Services (delivered through a registered training organisation)
- A demonstrated high level of written and oral communication skills and a proven ability to establish productive relationships between staff, families and the wider community
- An understanding of the National Quality Framework and Standards (including the Ratings and Assessment process)
- Computer literate – develop and edit WORD documents, download photos from camera
- A commitment to continual professional development towards formal education in relation to Children’s Services, which may include the Diploma in Children’s Services
- 20 % above award wages
- Reduced child care
- Professional development
Please submit your CV with two referees and cover letter to Chami Jayasinghe, Director Stuart Park Child Care Centre at email@example.com by close of business on Friday, 21 December 2018.