Early Learning and Care Centre
DIRECTOR - FULL TIME
- Are you passionate in advocating for children and families and delivering high quality programs for children
- Do you want to be a part of an integrated team working with health and allied health professionals
- Are you an innovative leader who can mentor and develop a culture of learning
The Infants’ Home Child & Family Services is a dynamic organisation, with a long tradition and strong sense of contemporary pathways focussing on best practice and research initiatives. A unique work environment set on four acres in Ashfield with cultural commitment to innovation, diversity, integrity and collaboration. TIH is a leading provider of quality and innovative education, health, education and care for children and families for over 140 years.
This is an exciting career opportunity in a unique multipurpose child and family service which integrates early childhood education, health, allied health, welfare and early intervention services on one site; supporting children and families experiencing disadvantage and complex needs in a coordinated manner in the context of universal services.
We provide integrated early childhood services through five Early Care and Education Centres and four Family Day Care schemes in an inclusion ethos wherein 30% of our families are experiencing a range of vulnerabilities. We provide high staff ratios; strengths based practices, professional development and involvement with community networks. Staff are highly resourced and supported.
We are looking for an innovative leader who will manage, mentor and guide both Early Childhood Teachers and Educators. You will be responsible for the day to day operations of the centre while developing a culture of enquiry and learning. You will have the ability to develop innovative evidenced based practice, and lead change.
- University qualifications in Early Childhood Education
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Sound understanding of and commitment to Early Childhood Practice that is informed by the Early Years Learning Framework, Children’s Rights, Social Justice and Inclusive Practices
- Experience in delivering inclusive early childhood programs and working with children and families with additional needs including vulnerable situations and CALD backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a team
In return for your commitment, enthusiasm and positive impact on The Infants’ Home you will be rewarded with ongoing training, supportive management team and attractive salary packaging options.
You will also have the opportunity to work in a well established organisation providing exemplary integrated services.
For further details or to obtain a position description please contact The Infants' Home Careers Team on 9799 4844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to the above email.
Applications close 21 January 2019