Early Childhood Teacher - Preschool Room - 37.5 h/week
FROEBEL St Leonards opened in December 2015. This bilingual (English & German) early learning centre offers inspiring learning environments on 3 levels plus a rooftop playground for 99 children from 6 months to 6 years. The centre is located within walking distance to St Leonards train station. Our program focuses on inquiry-based early learning as well as immersive language learning and implements the Little Scientists program. Please visit our FROEBEL website and our Facebook page to learn more about us.
We are currently looking for a committed & experienced Early Childhood Teacher (37.5 hours/week) for our Preschool Room with 44 children between 3 and 5 years of age.
- allocated planning time each week
- mentoring and support from the Educational Leader as well as our Centre Director
- up to 4 professional development sessions per year
- the potential to become a Room Leader
- above award wages
- a uniquely contemporary workplace
- the chance to take part in the FROEBEL Future Leaders Program as your career progresses
- an employee well-being program and an employee assistance program.
We require you to:
- hold an approved qualification in Early Childhood Teaching (or equivalent qualification which has been approved by ACECQA)
- have a very good knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Framework
- have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, families and community members
- believe in positive team spirit and embrace working in a diverse team
- have a keen interest in bilingual education and inquiry-based learning
- have a sunny personality with a positive attitude.
Please note that German language skills would be a plus but are not required for this position as the centre's main language is English.
To apply, please use the apply button or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting STL PS 1/19, and attach your resume and a short cover letter. Only eligible applicants will be contacted by FROEBEL.