Childcare Center Director and Nominated Supervisor
We are seeking a qualified Early Childhood Teacher or Experienced Diploma to work as the Centre Director and Nominated Supervisor.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work in a stand-alone, boutique service that was established 30 years ago.
At Kookaburra Kindergarten, we pride ourselves on providing a high-quality educational program across our four classrooms, with fun and exciting learning opportunities, frequent incursions, family social events and celebrations.
Kookaburra Kindergarten is situated in the leafy suburb of Chatswood and is a short 10minute walk to Chatswood's transport and business hub. The centre is set in a federation era house that has recently been renovated and extended to provide beautiful new facilities. The centre's outdoor playground is a natural Australian play space on a massive block of land with mature trees and gardens.
We operate from 7:45am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday and are open 50 weeks per year with closure over Christmas.
We have a wonderful community environment at Kookaburra Kindergarten, and an enthusiastic team of educators, many of whom have worked with us for over 9years!
About the role:
1) We are seeking a qualified Early Childhood Teacher or Experienced Diploma to work as the Centre Director and Nominated Supervisor. This is a full time position.
The role will require:
- A thorough understanding of industry regulations, and your role and responsibilities as the Director and Nominated Supervisor.
- A thorough understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards and other industry standards and practices.
- A passion for children and education and a caring nature
- A commitment to excellence in early childhood to provide high quality care and education, and a desire to seek continual self and Service improvement
- Guide and support a team of educators to deliver quality education programs in line with the Service Philosophy and Policies, and in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Ensuring that high quality care, education and standards are maintained day to day
- Operational and administrative duties including but not limited to processing enrolments, maintaining a waitlist, staff rostering, maintaining ratio, leading staff meetings, regulatory paperwork, QIP documentation, updating the Services policy and philosophy documents etc
- Experience using Qikkids system
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Warm caring personality to establish and maintain trusting, happy relationships with children, families, educators and the broader centre community
We're also always looking for good educators to work on a part-time or casual basis. Must be trained or actively working towards a qualification, recent graduates are encouraged to get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you!