Nursery Room Assistant, Early Childhood Teacher
An opportunity has arisen for passionate and experienced diploma Qualified Educator to join our team.
Ocean Street Long Day Preschool (trading under Sunshine Education Development Pty Ltd) is an intimate, independently owned & operated long day care centre catering exclusively for preschoolers. The centre is licensed for only twenty-five children each day and is open from 7.30am-6pm.
We are looking for a full time Nursery Room Assistant who is passionate about what they do, who wants to make a difference and see their efforts rewarded, who wants to help create a dynamic learning environment and culture within an early education setting.
As Room Assistant, you will be responsible for driving activities, new initiatives and design of your own room, while directing other staff members within the room. The ideal candidate has the ability to motivate and inspire a successful team of educators, whilst communicating effectively with parents and creating program plans. You have to be organised and have the ability to discuss and resolve problems and able to embrace technology.
To be considered for these roles the successful applicants will;
- Have the necessary qualifications or studying towards their bachelor of Early Childhood Education, including a current Working with Children's Check and current Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- be focused on providing quality childcare by constantly striving to improve in all areas
- Possess excellent communication and written skills
- Be able to easily build rapport with parents, staff and children
- Have knowledge of EYLF and NQF
- Have a willingness to show initiative and be proactive
- The ability to use a computer and all relevant technology
In order to apply for this role please include a cover letter and your current resume that includes a minimum of 2 industry specific referees.
We look forward to receiving your application and speaking with you soon.
Please note that all applicants will be screened under the requirements of the Child Protection Act 1998 (Prohibitive Employment) and Reference Checked.