Childcare Centre Cook
Giggle and Learn Early Childcare and Education Centre – Connells Point
Giggle and Learn is excited to announce that we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Cook to join our 48 place state-of-the-art Early Childhood Education and Care Centre. The Centre is a dynamic, modern, and highly resourced centre and we are very committed to providing high quality education and care for all children and support for our families.
Your new role
As a Cook, you will plan and prepare nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for the children from 6 months – 6 years within our amazing centre. You will be developing a seasonal, nutritious menu that caters for individual requirements i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations and ensure children’s health and wellbeing are being met whilst maintaining strong relationships with children, educators, families and the entire centre community. You will ensure that best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld within your kitchen always. This permanent part time position is to work 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. You will be required to provide morning and afternoon tea snacks for all 48 children and a hot lunch each day. Experience in preparing meals is essential and experience catering within a childcare environment is desirable.
If you have
- A genuine passion for creating delicious, nutritional food for children and babies
- An ability to plan seasonal menu’s and order accordingly
- An Interest in growing vegetables and sustainable practices
- A current food handling certificate
- Knowledge of safe hygiene practices
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Current Approved Working with Children Check
- Experience working as a cook in a child care centre preferred.
What we offer you
- Excellent remuneration
- Work life balance
- We care about you and your family and provide discounted childcare if needed
- Lots of fun and smiles everyday – regular social events to enjoy yourself outside of work.
If you think you are right for this position, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your application below.
About Giggle and Learn Early Childcare and Education Centre
Giggle and Learn recognises that early childhood is a crucial time in the development of children and we believe that ongoing engagement with families and the community are critical to a child's development. Our mission is to provide an education that is responsive to children's interests, learning capabilities and styles enabling children to grow in confidence as they learn. We will provide a home like environment where children are encouraged to develop at their own pace. Genuine enthusiasm and passion for the profession, and a strong commitment to high quality care is necessary.