Early Childhood Teacher
A Fantastic opportunity for a Qualified ECT to work in our modern centre inspired by the Reggio Emilia & Multiple Intelligence philosophy
We are looking for a highly motivated Educator to inspire and be part of our centre. This is an excellent chance to join a friendly, vibrant and dynamic team environment.
The hourse for this role are Monday to Friday 9am till 4.30pm with summer school holidays off.
About our Centre
Mi Kids is a family owned early childhood education and care centre located in Warriewood, providing children and families quality care and education within a warm, welcoming, nurturing and enjoyable environment. We aim for excellence in early childhood education and care, taking inspiration from Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligence and Reggio Emilia to provide quality care with enriched learning experiences to cater to the individual child. Serving families in the Northern Beaches community and beyond.
About the Role
Your role as an Educator at mi kids is to provide a nurturing, happy and stimulating learning environment for all children. Creating a warm, welcoming and enjoyable environment which provides quality care for children and families. Working with the Lead Educator and Educational leader you will assist in providing thoughtful and meaningful programs that are based on the diversity of learners in our school. You will focus on putting children’s rights first and give each child a sense of belonging, being and becoming.
- Deliver curriculum founded on the centre's philosophies whilst following childcare regulations, EYL Framework and National Quality Standards
- Create positive learning environments including resources based on child-directed learning
- Go above and beyond in assisting families on all queries, big or small.
- Contribute to and assist in the development and/or evaluation of the programme
- Assist staff in the daily routine of appropriate early childhood education and experiences.
- Supervise and engage in the activities of a group of children during the day that you are responsible for.
- Positively interact with all children, nurturing their confidence and self esteem giving each child individual attention and comfort throughout the day.
- Assist in planning for the ongoing development of each individual child, maintaining up to date observations and portfolios for the child.
- Assist in the recording of children's development.
- Assist in implementing a consistent daily routines for the children.
- Participate in supervising indoor/outdoor environments to provide safety for the children at all times.
- Develop strategies to guide positive children's behaviour
- Build good, open communication with children, families and staff
- Help develop teaching goals and ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic and safe
You will be a passionate educator who thrives on providing a caring and nurturing environment for the children. Families put their trust in you to care and develop their children. You are an excellent and patient communicator both verbally and written. You treat children as individuals and are quick to identify their interests.
You will also have
- An approved ACECQA teaching qualification, preferably a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Working with children check experience working in a childcare setting
- Fantastic organisational, teamwork, written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy & understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid certificate with anaphylaxis and asthma training
- Experience in Project based Learning for children
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary Package - Enjoy an above award wage with full leave entitlements
- Kick Start Your Career! - Join a team of passionate professionals with a strong opportunities for career development
- Work Life Balance - Fulfilling and flexible role with job security
- Great Environment - Fun and friendly team, modern centre with a great working atmosphere