Early Childhood Educator - Certificate III
The Infants’ Home Child & Family Services is a dynamic organisation, with a long tradition and strong sense of contemporary pathways focussing on best practice and research initiatives. A unique work environment set on four acres in Ashfield with cultural commitment to innovation, diversity, integrity and collaboration. The Infants’ Home is a leading provider of quality and innovative education, health and care for children and families for over 145 years.
This is an exciting career opportunity in a unique multipurpose child and family service which integrates early childhood education, health, allied health, welfare and early intervention services on one site; supporting children and families experiencing disadvantage and complex needs in a coordinated manner in the context of universal services.
We provide integrated early childhood services through five Early Care and Education Centres and a Family Day Care scheme in an inclusion ethos wherein 30% of our families are experiencing a range of vulnerabilities. We provide high staff ratios; strengths based practices, professional development and involvement with community networks. Staff are highly resourced and supported.
We are currently recruiting for:
- One (1) Certificate III Early Childhood Educator
- ACECQA approved Certificate III qualification (academic transcript must be supplied prior to commencement of employment)
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a preschool or early childhood education setting
- Sound communication skills, both verbal and written
- Current First Aid Certificate including anaphylactic and asthma training (HLTAID004)
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Confidence in a range of documentation styles
- Strong understanding of the National Quality Framework, National Quality Standards and Early Years Learning Framework
- Understanding and valuing of children’s rights in practice
- Acquired ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Knowledge/experience working with children with additional needs in an inclusive environment (highly desirable)
- Experience and understanding of working within interdisciplinary teams (highly desirable)
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia
What we can offer
- Salary Packaging up to $15,900
- Ongoing career development
- Dynamic, supportive team environment
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Competitive above award salary
Please send your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, please call Simon Zhu, Human Resources Officer, on (02) 8719 5018.