Respite Carer for Specialised Foster Care Program
Foster care with a difference.
We’re searching for people with a passion for improving the lives of children. Learn how you can make a difference today!
OzChild is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting vulnerable children, young people and families. The largest provider of evidence-based and evidence informed programs in Australia – we believe in giving every child and young person the chance to shine.
We are currently seeking individuals or couples to become respite carers in our internationally proven foster care program ‘Treatment Foster Care Oregon’ (TFCO). This short-term program works with children over a period of around 9 months by providing positive reinforcement and wrap around support. Respite carers provide relief for current full-time carers for one weekend a month and receive $205 per night.
- Give one weekend a month and be part of a transformative short-term foster care program
- Care for a child in your home aged between 7 and 11 years
- Generous $205 tax-free reimbursement per night provided
- Provide positive reinforcement for the child in a home environment
- Receive comprehensive training and guidance for this highly structured treatment program
- 24/7 on call support provided
- Opportunity to attend weekly support meetings
Definitely no one size fits all, but we are looking for individuals/couples who:
- Have experience in dealing with children with complex behaviours
- Have a suitable living space including a spare bedroom
- Have the ability to champion positive change for a child
- Live within an hour of our OzChild office in Campbelltown
- No children under 3 years old living in the home
Start your journey as a respite carer today by visiting:
For further information on how the program works please contact:
OzChild TFCO NSW
We encourage First Nations People to join us to help care for First Nations children whose families are facing vulnerable times.
At OzChild keeping First Nations children connected to their families, kin, cultures and country is integral to their health and wellbeing, in order to enable them to meet their aspirations.