Specialised Foster Carer
Foster care with a difference.
We’re searching for people with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people. Be a part of this unique foster care program and make a difference today!
OzChild is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting vulnerable children, young people and families. The largest provider of evidence based and evidence informed programs in Australia – we believe in giving every child the chance to shine.
We are currently seeking individuals or couples to become a specialised foster carer in our internationally proven program ‘Treatment Foster Care Oregon’ (TFCO). Carers will receive a generous tax-free reimbursement of $65,000 per annum pro rata.
- Be part of a transformative short-term foster care program
- Care for a child in your home aged between 7 and 11 years for around 9 months
- Generous $65,000 tax-free reimbursement per annum pro rata offered
- Provide positive reinforcement for the child in a home environment
- Receive comprehensive training and guidance for this highly structured treatment program
- 24/7 on-call support provided including weekly carer support meetings
- On completion of the program, the child will be reunited with their families or identified long-term foster carers
Definitely no one size fits all but we are looking for individuals/couples who:
- Have experience in dealing with children with complex behaviours
- Have a suitable living space including a spare bedroom
- Have a good support network
- Are flexible to be available for the child’s needs
- Have the ability to champion positive change for a child
- Live within an hour of our OzChild office in Goodna
- No children under 3 years old living in the home
Start your TFCO foster care journey today by visiting:
For further information on how the program works please contact:
OzChild TFCO QLD
We encourage First Nations People to join us to help care for First Nations children whose families are facing vulnerable times.
At OzChild keeping First Nations children connected to their families, kin, cultures and country is integral to their health and wellbeing, in order to enable them to meet their aspirations.
OzChild is a leading child welfare organisation committed to improving the lives of at-risk children, young people and families in our community for nearly 170 years.