Childcare Educator Qualified
Bexley North Public School Before and After School (BNPS BASC) is a non-profit Parent and Citizen run service that has operated for over 27 years to support the local community.
BNPS BASC are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Childcare Assistant. BNPS BASC Educator will work under the direction of the BNPS BASC Centre Co-ordinator to assist in the provision of a high quality out of school care program which meets the expectations of the Approved Provider, families and children as well as provide a high standard of care, activities and educational elements for those participating in the program aged 5 – 12 years.
As a BNPS BASC Educator you will be responsible for providing children with a safe, stimulating, play-based learning environment. You must be highly motivated, reliable and enjoy working with children.
About the Role: Childcare Educator - Qualified Permanent Part Time
This position is being advertised under the Children Services Award Level 4 with the possibility of progressing to Level 5 after 12mths
This is an employee who has completed a Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent (e.g. Certificate IV in Out of School Hours Care) as recognised by licensing authorities and is appointed as the person in charge of a group of children in the age range from birth to 12 years or an employee who is appointed as an Authorised Supervisor (as defined in the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW)).
An employee at this level will also take on the same duties and perform the same tasks as a CSE Level 3.
- Responsible, in consultation with the Assistant Director/Director for the preparation, implementation and evaluation of a developmentally appropriate program for individual children or groups.
- Responsible to the Assistant Director/Director for the supervision of students on placement.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment is maintained for both staff and children.
- Responsible for ensuring that records are maintained accurately for each child in their care.
- Develop, implement and evaluate daily care routines.
- Ensure that the centre or service’s policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise with families.
Available shifts include:
Monday to Friday 7:00am – 9:00am and 2:30pm – 6:00pm (during the school term)
Pupil Free Days 7:00am – 6:00pm (6hr shifts between these times)
- Start ASAP on a trial basis.
- Either a Diploma, Certificate III or Certificate IV in OOSH
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children aged 5 -12yrs
- Current knowledge of Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children
- Strong understanding of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- A current Paid Working with Children Check
- A current First Aid Certificate and Emergency Management of Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Demonstrated program co-ordination skills
- Demonstrated experience in children’s activity programming
- Demonstrated experience working positively in a team environment
- Demonstrated communication and administration skills
- 2 x checkable work references from previous Supervisors (ready for us to call)
Benefits to you:
- Uniform allowance
- Broken Shift allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Ongoing Professional Development e.g. First Aid, CPR and child protection training for permanent staff who have at least 1-year service within the centre.
Desirable Requirements or willing to learn:
- Qikkids Experience – Bookings, fees, banking etc
- WHS – identify, record, report and complete risk assessment / Hazard incident reports.
- Commonwealth Bank – CommBiz