Children and Families Coordinator
South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is looking for a Children and Families Coordinator to deliver a range of community services, programs and initiatives for children and families.
The position includes involvement in the Bayside, City of Sydney and Randwick Local Government Areas.
There will be coordination of SECC’s supported playgroups and parenting programs in accordance with funding and contractual requirements.
Classification: Fixed Term Contract (1 year)
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award 2010
Salary: SCHCADS Award – Level 5.1
Hours of Duty: 38 hours per week
Expected Term of Employment until 30 December 2020 (Pending future funding)
To work under the direction of The Hub Manager to deliver a range of community services, programs and initiatives to children and families in the Bayside, City of Sydney and Randwick Local Government Areas, including coordination of SECC’s supported playgroups and parenting programs in accordance with funding and contractual requirements.
- Relevant degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work or equivalent.
- Experience and expertise in coordinating, programming and facilitating supported playgroups.
- Experience in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of group based activities and programs.
- Qualified facilitator in parenting programs such as Triple P, 123 Magic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and conflict resolution skills and experience managing a team.
- Demonstrated networking and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to cultural diversity and social justice.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in community development issues and practices
- Sound computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of EEO and workplace health and safety.
- Current driving licence.
- Ability to speak a community language.
- Knowledge of issues affecting the South East Sydney region.
Common Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of EEO, WH&S and Anti-Discrimination
- To coordinate the supported playgroup services to the local community, in accordance with funding and contractual requirements.
- To coordinate and facilitate parenting programs and parent information sessions.
- To identify opportunities for service/program growth, diversification and continuous improvement.
- To lead and manage a team of child and family support workers.
- Number of playgroup participants
- Number of program/workshop participants
- Compliance with regulatory requirements / service specifications
- Team performance
- Innovation in service/program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery and programming of thematic, educative and creative multicultural playgroups to families (parents and children).
- Coordinate and facilitate the delivery of parenting programs, monthly parent information sessions and weekly English classes with childcare.
- Provide support and guidance for all families and children that promote holistic child development and family cohesion.
- Engage and support families and children with additional needs including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and meet their diverse needs.
- Administration of children and families services including group records, wait lists, statistics and finances associated with running the playgroups, parenting programs and parent information sessions.
- Provide children and families service support for internal and external activities including groups and community development events coordinated by SECC.
- Represent SECC at relevant children and families interagency meetings and forums.
- Assist with the coordination of activities for TAFE students on placement and the supervision of students.
- Service Development & Evaluation:
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate and evaluate the children and families programmes/ activities and respond to changes in community needs.
- Provide advice to The Hub Manager on the development of the children and families services across the South East Sydney Region.
- Take a proactive role in identifying gaps in service provision and seeking opportunities for extension of services/pr