Child Care Centre Cook
An opportunity to cook healthy meals and snacks to fuel our children everyday has now become available for a passionate Childcare Cook.
We are seeking a dedicated employee with the passion to provide healthy meal choices for our children. We are a unique, warm, homely centre, with two rooms and have up to 50 children per day aged 18 months-6 years.
- As the Cook, you are responsible for planning and preparing nutritious meals and snacks for the children. The preparation of meals will be, including but not limited to: morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea.
- You need to have experience cooking within a Childcare environment and be confident with ordering supplies and creating the menu. You will need to be confident in catering to various dietary requirements and allergies. We are also looking for someone who will enjoy cooking with the children on occasion and include them in planning.
- Be knowledgeable about the health & safety standards, and ensure they are maintained at a high level at all times.
- Your hours would be 8.30am – 3.30pm, ideally we would like a full time cook however we are happy to consider a job share position.
- Food handling/food safety certificate
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Confidence in menu planning and prepping in a Childcare setting
- Experience and passion for healthy cooking for Children
- Bright, friendly and energetic
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Friendly and supportive team.
- Professional development and ongoing training