Nominated Supervisor - Caddies Creek PS
About the business
Jigsaw OOSH is seeking a Nominated Supervisor for Before & After School Care and Vacation Care work at our centre located at Caddies Creek Public School
You will be working alongside a team of professionals who pride themselves on providing high quality child care services with interest based programs.
This role is permanent part time with 37.5 hours a week and included the time at the service working directly with children and additional administrative time. We would accept candidates looking for part time with a minimum of 30 hours per week.
You will be working alongside a team of professionals who pride themselves on providing high quality child care services with interest based programs for the community.
About the role
The Nominated Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the service following their responsibilities under National Law and regulations that include:
- Supervision and safety of children aged 5-12 years
- Administrative duties in accordance with regulations and Framework
- Educational Programs – Based on My time, Our place
- Creating relationships and Communicating with Children, staff, parents and the community
- Following a budget and managing expenses
- Reporting to Head Office
- Contribute to the compliance, completion and implementation of the NQS
- Comply with all service policy and procedures
- Actively engaging with children during the implementation of the program
- Ability to work well within a team
- Manage employees- rosters, support, professional development and training etc.
The service is open 7.00-9.00 (2 hour shift) and 3.00-6.30 (4 hour shift) Monday to Friday. Administrative time is the worked around these areas to ensure focus on the children, staff and families during operating hours. We are open 50 weeks of the year for Before and After school Care along with Vacation Care in school holidays. we are closed on Public Holidays.
The benefits of working for Jigsaw OOSH;
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network of centres, including succession planning and career progression
- Above award wages for suitable candidates
- On-going professional development both internally and externally
- A network of like-minded professionals across our always growing business
Nominated Supervisor Requirements:
- Diploma of Children's Services
- Previous experience in Before & After School Care
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate including/plus Asthma Anaphylaxis Certificate.
- Approved Child protection qualification (CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk)
- Working with Children Check (under the new guidelines).
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills
- High communication skills
- Experience in leading a team.
- Knowledge of school aged children's development and needs.
- A current working knowledge and experience with the National Quality Standards and My Time Our Place.