Early Childhood Educator
Early Childhood Educator www.isteamahead.com.au
- Fast Growing Centre!
- Supportive Management
- Generous Salary Package and Professional Development Provided
An opportunitiy has become available at an exceeding early childhood education and care service in the northern suburbs of Sydney at Brookvale, NSW. Have the pleasure of working with a new team of professional and enthusiastic educators committed to providing high quality education and care programs. ‘I Steam Ahead Early Learning Centre’s vision is to “To build a unique and nurturing childcare that provides leading edge education and technology that is exciting and innovative to inspire lifelong learning in children who are the future”. Its mission is “To provide a nurturing and supportive environment that develops children’s strengths through innovative and quality educational content that follows the STEAM learning approach used by our caring and dedicated teachers” .
STEAM promotes curiosity, inquiry, creativity, exploration, collaboration and critical thinking!
‘I Steam Ahead Early Learning Centre’ need a qualified and experienced Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) who can demonstrate their commitment to working closely with and supporting families so that children have the most enriching educational experience in their early years. If you feel this describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Your passion and enthusiasm will see you lead a classroom by effectively engaging with educators, families and children to implement our STEAM educational program.
- You will have extensive knowledge of the EYLF, thorough understanding of the NQF/NQS, and work in compliance with all regulations to meet high standards.
- Work in partnership with the Director and Lead Educators to create a dynamic and creative learning environment for children transitioning to school.
- Ensure developmentally appropriate programs are planned and implemented for each child to maximise their love of learning.
- Support the innovative STEAM educational program development involving observation, planning and implementing learning experiences to promote children's development, evaluating, and keeping appropriate records.
- Assess the needs of each child and monitor their progress to ensure school readiness.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of your classroom routines and associated administrative and compliance tasks.
- Provide supervision and assistance to other educators in the room.
- Maintain health and safety standards, and risk minimisation strategies.
- Build and support respectful communication and beneficial partnerships with families.
- Dipolma in Children' Services or equivalent qualification as approved by ACECQA.
- Minimum 12 months experience in an early childhood setting.
- Current CPR & First Aid Certificate (inclusive of Asthma and Anaphylaxis training).
- Current NSW Working With Children Check (WWCC) and NESA accreditation.
- Current child protection training certificate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to confidently lead a classroom environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the EYLF and NQF.
What We Offer:
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Above award negotiable salary and conditions.
- A supportive management team.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter via the “apply for this job” button.