Permanent Casual role (2pm – 6pm, Monday - Friday), Start Thursday 28th January 2021
An exciting opportunity for an Educator to join our Funtastic Gems Team. Funtastic Gems is an independent owned organisation based on the school ground at St Joachim’s Catholic Primary School in Lidcombe. We provide before school care, after school care and school holiday programs to primary school aged children.
Funtastic Gems are not like your average centre. The attention and care we provide to our staff and children in our service are foremost fundamental and arguably second to none.
Funtastic Gems is urgently seeking for a mature minded, creative and experienced long-term base Educator who are passionate and dedicated about working with children and doing great work that matters.
The successful candidate will be result focus with “can do” attitude, work well under pressure and have a well-developed interpersonal skill as well as understanding knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place Framework.
- Design and implementation of high quality creative, amazing and stimulating after school care diverse program activities for both indoor and outdoor.
- Reflects a strong knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework 'My Time Our Place'.
- An in-depth knowledge of the child when doing individual child portfolios and reflections.
- Multi-task and prioritize whilst maintaining a calm demeanour.
- Take initiative of the duties and display great team work.
- Relate and respond to young children in a supportive and nurturing manner.
- Maintain a current first aid qualification.
- Has great time management and be efficient at work.
- Ability to respond to the various needs of children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fantastic at building rapport with parents and children.
- Willingness to learn about the organization and work within the philosophy of Funtastic Gems.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Asthma & Anaphylaxis Certificate.
- At least 1 ear experience working with children aged 5-12 Years
- Experienced working with children in a child care centre.
- Certificate III or working toward a higher education in a related field.
- Pursuing a long term commitment to Funtastic Gems