Child Care Workers
2 x Part-time maternity leave 15.2 hours per week (12 months)
1 x full-time (38 hours per week) temporary
Salary from $59,046 p.a. plus superannuation (pro-rata)
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups, early intervention services and family support. Strong networking opportunities exist for staff who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skill development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for directors, study support (including study leave and reimbursement) and secondments across the services. Comprehensive, individualised training plans are also available, as is consistent support from the Manager.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ three temporary part-time Child Care Workers to join our Division who are enthusiastic, have a passion for working with children and their families from diverse cultures and backgrounds, who enjoy being challenged and supported through professional development and team environments. Working arrangements for both full time and part time nature will be considered. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Please ensure your application clearly states if you are applying specifically for either the permanent or part time nature will be considered. or if you are interested in both all roles.
- Diploma, Associate Diploma in Child Studies or equivalent (2 year full time TAFE)
- Current first aid certificate, approved anaphylaxis management training, approved emergency asthma management training, and current HLTAID001 CPR certificate
- Working with children check
- Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and the Education & Care National Regulations 2011
- Experienced and confident in providing a developmental program and curriculum for children aged between 0 and 6 years with incorporation of the EYLF and NQS
- Excellent communication skills including skills in managing conflict
- Proven experience as an effective team player
- Experience and/or passion in working with children with additional needs and from a culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Applications close on Sunday 13 December 2020, 11.59pm
For further information, please contact Children and Family Services on 9725 0393.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council. The successful applicant may be required to undertake a National Police Clearance prior to commencement
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 - FAIRFIELD NSW 1860