Early Childhood Teacher
At Everlearn we take great pride in the fact that our educators go above and beyond the call of duty, taking the time to build relationships with the children that they teach and the parents that they work within helping them receive the very best early education and care. We proudly welcome families from all walks of life and delight in seeing the children of our preschool sharing the cultures with each other every day.
We believe it is the quality of the relationships and connections that bind people together.
We are looking for an Early Childhood Teacher, who is committed to further increasing the standards of early education that we offer with the support of a well established team of excellent educators.
The preschool consists of 80 daily places for children aged 2-6 years. The aim of Everlearn Preschool is to provide a high quality child care and preschool service that exceeds the needs of the families in our community. We work in collaboration with parents and the community in the care and education of their children at the most important stage of their development - the early years.
The preschool is independently owned and operated and part of a group of two centres. It is open from 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday and closes for three weeks over the Christmas school holidays.
About the role:
- Bachelor Education Degree
- Registration with NESA
- Current Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Excellent understanding of current early childhood practice that is informed by the Early Years Learning Framework
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards and the implications for early childhood services
- Commitment and skill in providing quality experiences and inviting learning environments for children
- Experience in leading and guiding practice of other Educators
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and holds an approved and current Child Protection Training qualification
- Current First Aid certificate and current Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate
What we are looking for:
- A passionate, and driven ECT who is reflective and keen to expand their knowledge
- Trustworthy and dedicated with children's best interests at heart
- 2 years previous experience is ideal
- A Bachelor of Education (or ACECQA equivalent qualification)
- Excellent working knowledge of EYLF and NQF is essential along with the confidence to maintain a Quality Improvement Plan.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT and digital platform skills (using Mac and cloud based docs throughout the organisation)
- Planning and structuring learning in both indoor and outdoor environments using a variety of materials and equipment to facilitate students' development
- Providing a variety of experiences and activities to develop motor skills, cooperative social skills, confidence and understanding
- Promoting language development through storytelling, role play, songs, rhymes and informal discussions held individually and within groups
- Observing students to evaluate progress and to detect signs of ill health, emotional disturbance and other disabilities
- Observing nutritional health, welfare and safety needs of students and identifying factors which may impede students' progress
- Discussing students' progress with parents
- Attending parent interviews, and staff and committee meetings
- Participating in community and family support programs as appropriate
- Supervising student teachers on placement