OOSH / OSHC Senior Educator - Oran Park
Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- full-time 12-month contract position
- before and after school care and vacation care
- location: Oran Park
- attractive salary packaging benefits
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (Wesley OOSH) provides high-quality before and after school care and vacation care for school aged children of the Epping West, North Kellyville, Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West, Riverstone, Wyong, North Rocks, Marsden park and Merrylands communities. We are opening two new services in early 2021 within Oran Park and the Elara Estate (Marsden Park).
Wesley OOSH provides an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for children, staff and families. We strive to provide a home away from home where children thrive.
About the role
To be successful in this position you will be passionate and love working with children. You will need to be motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will have a cooperative approach to working with staff and families.
As the Senior Educator you will act as 2IC to the Centre Coordinator, work collaboratively with a passionate team of Educators and step into the role of Responsible Person in day-to-day charge as required and be available to attend staff meetings and training events.
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- demonstrate strong initiative
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- displays emotional maturity and resilience.
- an Early Childhood Education and Care qualification or equivalent (or working towards)
- sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- experience working in a children’s service
- demonstrated ability to be encouraging and passionate about providing children with engaging activities
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification or willingness to obtain
- knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
- current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- excellent time management skills
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral skills
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- previous OOSH experience
- demonstrated ability to be creative
- experience in facilitating group games and sports
- current driver’s licence
- completion of Department of Education approved Child Protection Training.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria and resume. To apply, please forward your application to: email@example.com
Wesley Mission recruit within and have a vast range of employment opportunities.
Applications Close: Friday 15 January 2021, 5 pm.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). First Nation peoples are encouraged to apply.
About Wesley Mission
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”