After School Care (ASC) Casual Staff
The German International School Sydney is seeking passionate, innovative, and bilingual casual staff for their After School Care (ASC). This role will start on the 25th January 2021 and it is classified as a casual position during term-time.
The successful applicant will demonstrate highly developed communication skills, a commitment to relationship, community, and collaborative practice. They will also need to be skilled in creating dynamic learning experiences and maintaining a positive, nurturing environment. They will be confident to deliver a rich, stimulating learning environment and they will actively support the vision and values of the School and embrace the culture of a multilingual community in an inclusive, non-selective school.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- High social and emotional intelligence, and a commitment to relationship and collaborative practice.
- A passion for and understanding of educating students with multilingual backgrounds.
- Ability to solve problems, set priorities, support others, show initiative and be flexible in co-managing your own team, and supervising the children.
- Strong oral communication skills in both German and English.
- Commitment to high professional standards and ethical behaviour.
- Firm knowledge of My Time, Our Place and National Quality Frameworks desirable.
- Working with Children Check and First Aid Certificate
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please submit your application to our General Manager Kristian Wolf (Jobs1989@giss.nsw.edu.au).
Applications in ONE PDF document should contain:
- a cover letter stating the reasons why you are applying for this position;
- a current CV that clearly details experience, particularly in relation to the above selection criteria;
- any additional information you may wish to submit; and
- the names and contact details of two professional referees.
Applications close 17th January 2020. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.