Pastoral Care Educator Integricare Children's Services
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Pastoral Care Educator to join our Organisation.
Are you keen to work in a dynamic team environment?
Then apply now!
Integricare is a not for profit Christian organisation committed to providing quality family and children’s services since 1882.
About the Role
The position is for a Part-Time Pastoral Care Educator. The hours of work are 3 days per week, working across three centres. The centres are located at Rozelle, Strathfield and North Strathfield.
The role is responsible for providing emotional and spiritual support to staff, children and their families; connecting with local churches; and looking for opportunities in the community to live out our mission.
- Having a ministry of prayer is of the utmost importance;
- Excellent interpersonal communication to serve families, children and staff;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- An analytical ability to assess families, children and staff’s spiritual needs and offer wise counsel and possible solutions if necessary;
- Ability to demonstrate empathy for the various challenges experienced by families, children and staff;
- Ensure all communication with stakeholders is sensitively handled and respected.
- A current Working with Children Check
- Drivers license and access to a car for visitation purposes
- An approved child protection statement of attainment
- A minimum of a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. For budgeting reasons, this role has been aimed at Certificate III or Diploma classification only.
- Committed to the Christian ethos and values of Integricare
- Theological qualification or Children’s Church Ministry experience is desirable
- Experience in pastoral care or chaplaincy is desirable
- Clinical pastoral education training is desirable
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (confidential)
- Career opportunities and access to paid professional development and training
- Supportive management team
If you have the commitment and skills to take on this important and rewarding role, we would love to receive your application. Please also include a reference from your pastor or church leader (only short-listed candidates will be contacted).
Please send your application to:
Yvette Wynne – Mission and Development Manager
0422 997 986
Integricare is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and adopts the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
Integricare is an equal opportunity employer