OOSH Director of Service
(ANZSCO occupation ID:1341)
Want to work with a supportive organisation, focused on fun, engagement, and creating life-long memories for staff and children alike?
- Are you Children Services qualified, or studying towards, and looking for an industry-leading culture focused on enriching children's lives and supporting our passionate educators, to fulfil their educational goals and ambitions?
- Would you like to have the flexibility to operate your own program with great staff, a healthy budget, with an engaged and supportive parent committee to help you settle into the environment?
Amazing full-time OOSH Director of Service position available that caters to Leichhardt Public School and Saint Fiacre’s Catholic School. The position will commence employment in February at our community managed 180 child program, located in the Inner West of Sydney.
Leichardt OOSH (LOOSH) is a multi-site service that is set up to provide our children and parents an exceptional educational experience that engages children. Community run, we are a Not-For-Profit entity that has a strong relationship with the schools in which we operate. The service provides before and after school care, as well as vacation care during school holidays.
At Leichhardt OOSH we are passionate about:
- equality and diversity,
- valuing every individual,
- protecting and ensuring every child’s safety,
- always seeking to improve our service.
Why work at Leichhardt OOSH?
- Flexible working arrangements
- Manage your own team, and have the resources to develop a great OOSH service
- Collaborative and innovative culture focused on fun learning
- Great interactions with a dedicated parent committee
- Express your educational and creative flair in a non-restrictive environment
About the role:
- Impact the lives of children and their families by delivering a remarkable service and creating life-long memories
- Engage with school management in areas of mutual benefit
- Manage across two geographically separated sites
- Operate your own program with a healthy budget
- Support and mentor a high performing, skilled and engaged team of Educators
- Provide an inclusive and fun environment in which children are safe, engaged and well supervised
- Network and collaborate regularly with your peers across Australia
- Industry-leading culture focused on enriching children's lives and supporting passionate educators
- Training and development opportunities
- Involve yourself in the school and broader community
This role is a perfect opportunity to continue developing yourself in the Education sector, while building incredibly strong professional relationships within the school and community in which you are based.
The successful candidate will have/demonstrate:
- Teacher or Children Services qualification (or studying towards)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, be organised and reliable
- Ability to oversee educational program that enhances the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of young children
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with relevant government requirements / standards
- Proven record or demonstrated capacity to lead a dynamic team.
- Working with Children’s Check (WWC)
If this sounds like an opportunity that you have been looking for, please apply!
Leichhardt OOSH is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring the safety of all children in our care.
Please note, only candidates successful to the next recruitment stage will be contacted.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org