Outside School Hours Care - Educator
West End State School Outside School Hours Care is operated by the P&C association. The service is currently licensed for 300 children, offer Before School Care, After School Care and Vacation Care. The service is seeking Educators who are experienced and qualified to join the team.
Job Description: The Educator will need to effectively supervise children whilst they engage in the daily program, which incorporating a variety of sport/craft activities. The Educator is required to be on top of supervision as well as contributing to the daily cleaning duties such as kitchen, toilet and general cleaning.
The successful candidate will need to meet the following requirement:
1. Qualification and Training Requirement:
- has a minimum of Certificate III in Children’s Services or equivalent qualifications;
- hold a current suitability card (Blue Card) or willingness to immediately undertake appropriate training;
- hold a First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma qualifications or willingness to immediately undertake appropriate training .
2. Work Experience Requirement:
- has over 1 year of experiences working in Child Care industry;
- has experience working with children in a large group setting would be preferred;
- has experience working in fast pace environment;
- has experience and is willing to perform kitchen cleaning, toilet cleaning and general cleaning,
3. Work Hours Requirement:
- available to work between Monday to Friday from 7-9AM and 2- 6.15PM during schooling terms (minimum availability of 3 afternoons weekly is required);
- available between 7am-6.15pm during school holiday periods (working hours are subject to change due to the needs of the service).
4. Attitude, Knowledge and Skills Requirement:
- has a good understanding of the National Quality Framework and My Time, Our Place;
- be able to implement and follow set policy and procedures;
- is a team-player and has wiliness to take direction and feedback;
- has a key eye for detail;
- is consistently reliable;
- is passionate, well-organised, motivated, responsive, and energetic.
Please note there is a 3 months’ Probation period.
If you are looking for a rewarding role where you can contribute to create a welcoming and supportive environment for children – this would be a fantastic opportunity! In return, you will receive ongoing support, training and an attractive hourly rate.
How to apply:
- Email a cover letter and resume WESS OSHC Service Manager Iris via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application placed on the shortlist will be contacted within 7 business days.
About West End State School Outside School Hours Care
West End State School Outside School Hours Care is operated by the P&C association. We are licensed for 300 children and offer Before-School Care, After-School Care, and Vacation Care.