Early Childhood Educator - Diploma Room Leader
Maroubra Neighbourhood Children’s Centre is currently looking to welcome a passionate, fun loving flexible Diploma trained Early Childhood Educator for our Centre.
We are a well-established Centre that has been operating for over 30 years, caring for and educating children aged 0-5years from 7.30 am -5.45pm, Monday – Friday. With our homely Centre and small groups, our children are encouraged to learn and grow in a caring and loving environment.
MNCC is conveniently located near Maroubra Beach, enjoying enviable views of our surrounding coast line.
Why you will enjoy working with us:
- We are a not- for- profit Centre that values community
- You will be working with a small dedicated team of Educators
- We are family friendly
- We have small room groups ( max 10 children) and are staffed above the required ratios
- You will receive regular time off the floor for planning & programming
- We pay above award wages, with paid lunch breaks and an RDO per month for full time employees
This is a permanent position with our 2-3 years group. You will be working alongside another experinced Diploma trained educator, with up to 10 children in your group each day.
- Develop, plan and implement a quality care and education program in conjunction with the Educational Leader, your team members and guided by the EYLF.
- Communicate positively with children, families and educators
- Maintain up to date documentation
- Respond to the emotional, physical and cognitive needs of the children in your care.
- Create a safe, stimulating and appropriate learning and care environment that extends and supports development.
- Assume the role of responsible person as required
What you need to be Successful:
- Completed Diploma of Children’s Services or other ACECQA approved qualification
- Current clear Working With Children Check number; ACECQA approved First Aid Certificate including Asthma and Anaphylaxis & Child Protection Training.
- Sound and practical knowledge of NQF, EYLF& WHS.
- Previous experience working with young children, preferable in Centre based Care
We look forward to hearing from you.