Early Childhood Teacher
The Centre and our Ethos
Little Village Bridgeman Downs opened last year, an award-winning eco design set on 10,000 m2 of bushland. Central to our ethos is the belief that ‘it takes a village to raise a child.’ Our vision is to create and build a caring community that supports children and their families in the important years before school.
We have opened two spacious, light-filled kindergarten studios, that open up to wide-covered verandahs and a natural playground.
We are seeking an Early Childhood Teacher, who is passionate about the value of play and developing a program supported by both the EYLF and the QKLG.
This is a role for a visionary teacher who can lead one of our two Kindergarten Studios.
You will be supported by other Teachers, Assistant Educators, Support Staff, and our Educational Leader.
We practice an indoor/outdoor learning program that supports play-based learning. A love of the outdoors is a must as we have commenced a bush kindy program within our own bushland.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new and growing service that is committed to providing high-quality care and learning in an inspiring environment.
- Above award wages for the right applicant
- Professional development/learning opportunities and career growth
- Work in an inspiring environment with several indoor and outdoor spaces
- 4 hours of Programming Time
- Flexibility of hours for the right candidate
- A supportive, 'hands-on' management team
- A privately owned and professionally run centre
What we require from you…
- You will have or are currently studying an appropriate Early Childhood Teaching qualification.
- Previous experience in a long daycare setting.
- Have a strong understanding of delivering the QLD Kindergarten curriculum.
- Possess excellent communication and writing skills; able to effectively use our digital platform (Xplor).
- Be required to contribute to a dynamic, educational, and exciting program reflecting each child's individual interests, abilities, strengths, ideas and voice.
- Assist in maintaining the children's developmental records to a high standard.
- Have a good understanding of the EYLF/QKLG, and work in compliance with all regulations to exceed standards.
- Hold First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates or be willing to do relevant training
- Hold a current blue card.
- Ability to work effectively in a positive, fun, and encouraging team environment
If you think this is the role for you, then please apply and include your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience and qualifications, availability, and why Little Village will be the right fit for you.
To learn more about our centre: www.littlevillage.net.au/pages/bridgeman-downs
About Little Village Bridgeman Downs
Little Village Early Learning is a privately-owned company, developed by a group of friends with a desire to create a business which would make a positive contribution to the community around it.