Early Childhood Kindergarten Teacher
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Epping North Early Learning Centre
The Epping North YMCA Early Learning Centre and OSHC Service was built as part of the Governments New School PPP Project. The Early Learning Centre and OSHC Service opened in January 2017 and was built on the same footprint as the Harvest Home Primary School.
We are a 104 place service with 6 rooms catering for children from 6 weeks old to integrated 4yr old kindergarten. With an ever-growing local community and a great reputation, our service is growing in occupancy.
Sustainable practices and respect for our environments are a high priority within our centre, being integrated into each daily program by having a natural environment both indoors and outdoors including various animals.
Key Elements of the Role
The Early Childhood (Kindergarten) Teacher is an essential member of the Early Learning team in the delivery of YMCA Children's Programs in the community. The Early Childhood (Kindergarten) Teacher's will work together to deliver a kindergarten program to children from 3-5yrs, they will work in partnership with fellow Educators, families and within a supportive team to enrich children so they can reach their full potential and confidently step into their future.
The Early Childhood (Kindergarten) Teacher will require a strong commitment to pedagogical excellence and innovation in the Early Childhood field. We seek to facilitate a child's capacity to engage in an environment that is safe, secure, nurturing and educational, particularly in the two years prior to the start of their formal school journey. The children's needs, interests and their capacity to develop opportunities for learning and wonder are the focal points of YMCA program delivery and our Early Childhood (Kindergarten) Teachers are key to our success. The Early Childhood (Kindergarten) Teacher will ensure that the kindergarten meets the requirements of the DET Preschool Program Policy and funding requirements criteria, The Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 and the policies and procedures of YMCA Victoria
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Demonstrates motivation and commitment to perform to their best
- Accepts personal accountability for workplace actions and consequences to better influence
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent knowledge, skills and understanding in the implementation and ongoing management of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience in an Early Childhood education role and a commitment to ongoing learning, professional development and reflective practice
- Demonstrates experience, passion and enthusiasm for working with young children while delivering a program in line with current pedagogies
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to delegate, prioritise and ensure a consistent high-quality service experience for all children and families
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent
- First Aid Level 2, CPR
- Anaphylaxis Management
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.