Early Childhood Educator
"We want every child to have the opportunity to grow into a curious, capable, caring and contributing global citizen, beginning with an empowered childhood."
FROEBEL Parkville has 100 places for children from 0 to 6 years of age and is located in the Parkville precinct. This service has been rated 'Exceeding National Quality Standard'. Our program focuses on immersive language learning as well as inquiry-based learning by implementing the Little Scientists program (https://littlescientists.org.au/). Please visit our FROEBEL website (https://www.froebel.com.au/) and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/froebelaustralia) to learn more about us! 🙂
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and committed Nursery Room educator. The role is 37.5 hours/week worked across 5 days. Our Nursery room has 24 children and a team of 7 core educators. We are looking at a start of early/mid April.
We offer you
- a happy workplace with a supportive environment
- a rewarding role providing learning for 24 children together with a collaborative team
- a salary substantially above Modern Award
- allocated planning time each week
- mentoring by our Educational Leader
- generous professional development opportunities
- an employee wellbeing program with regular initiatives (e.g. free flu-shots, weekly fruit boxes)
- an employee assistance program (access to free counselling).
We need you to
- hold an approved Certificate III or Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or to be actively working towards this qualification
- be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, families and community members
- have an interest in bilingual education and inquiry-based learning
- believe in and appreciate team work
- have a sunny personality with a positive attitude!
📧 Please use the apply button and attach your resume. Ideally you also write a short cover letter/note outlining why you are applying for this role. 🙂 Only eligible applicants will be contacted by FROEBEL.
FROEBEL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
FROEBEL is a child safe organisation.
Only eligible applicants will be contacted by FROEBEL.
No agencies, please.