We are a privately owned boutique long day care centre. We care for children aged six (6) weeks to six (6) years and we are open from 7.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, 52 weeks a year.
Our Centre is purpose built and designed to provide the highest possible standard of care and education for children.
We are seeking an exceptional and experienced Centre Manager who is excited about our vision and values and is dedicated to ensuring children are given the opportunity to become the best that they can be. We believe that each child can reach their highest potential by providing them with the opportunity to learn, share, laugh and grow at their own rate.
We are in the wonderful community of the Sutherland Shire and we are expanding our activities with two new centres.
Ideally the successful candidate will have;
- Industry qualifications - Early Childhood Education Diploma or Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Minimum 3 years' experience within the Early Childhood Sector
- Experience as a Centre Manager
- Confident when communicating with all levels of management.
- Working with children check
- Current first aid
- Knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Regulations and National Quality Standards
- Great written and verbal communication
- Motivate and lead a team of educators to create a positive and fun working environment.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Centre in line with company policies and procedures,
- Create long-lasting connections with your local community including partnerships with families and use your marketing flair to strategically increase occupancy of the service.
- Mentor and support the centre to Meet/Exceed the National Quality Standards
- planning, preparation and delivery of comprehensive and effective educational and care services in accordance with the cultural, emotional and developmental needs of the children.
- Communicate effectively with parents, staff and external organisations.
- Maintaining records and accounts for the centre
- Ensure that: parent-teacher communication is regular and relevant; that all students are issued with copies of newsletters and other communications for parents; and, that children are aware of important events and items.
- attend staff discussion meetings/ professional development and/or days outside normal school hours.
- Manage challenging behaviour using effective and positive strategies updating the relevant policies when required.
All applications must include a full resume and covering letter addressing the above selection criteria and suitable applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.