Early Childhood Teacher / ECT
Montessori Edu Bankstown Early Learning Centre is a new, privately owned service that offers a comprehensive range of services to families within the surrounding community. The service opens from 7.00am to 5.30pm and meets the needs of children between the ages of 2-6 years.
Montessori Edu is committed to the principles of Maria Montessori being; respect for the child, the absorbent mind, sensitive periods, the prepared environment, and auto education.
We are seeking a passionate teacher who is willing to discover the Montessori Method and be trained according to the Montessori philosophy. You will be joining our team of experienced and motivated educators on a full or part time basis.
Essential criteria of selection:
- Have completed or are working towards completing an Approved / ACECQA Recognised Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Teaching (Birth-5)
- Hold a Current Working with Children’s Check
Desirable criteria of selection:
- An ability to respond creatively to new situations and to embrace change
- An ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
The successful applicants must:
- Lead, guide and support a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care.
- Demonstrate and possess knowledge and understanding of multi-cultural communities.
- Demonstrate their abilities to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be flexible and responsive in relation to problem solving and meeting stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuously improve in all areas of the service’s operation.
- Understand and participate in the development of organisational policies and procedures.
- Work in accordance with the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations under the Children (Education and Care Services) National Law (NSW) 2011.
- Work in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the Early Childhood Australia.
The rate of pay will range from $30-$40/hour according to the teacher’s abilities and performance. We will also consider part time employment.