Senior Educator (Diploma) - SDN UNSW Tigger's Honeypot
About the Centre
SDN Children's Services will commence management of Tigger's Honeypot, an 'Excellent' rated 70 place centre located in Randwick in January 2021. The centre is surrounded by grassy lawns with a mini woodland for children to explore and a central playground. Children are able to feed and care for the resident chickens and are able to harvest their own produce in their own veggie patch. This centre also has a strong connection with the local community.
About The Role
To work as part of a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to children and to plan and support the implementation of an approved learning framework.
This is a permanent full-time senior educator role.
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the National Quality Standards
- Current Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Sound understanding of the development of children, their health, hygiene and nutritional needs
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates (preferable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to lead others and support with documentation
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and holds an approved and current Child Protection Training qualification
SDN's values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you! We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative.
SDN Benefits include:
- Positive welcoming culture
- Priority placement for children of staff members
- Discounted child care fee
- Paid parental leave
- Finders fee - Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- SDN Staff Giving Fund
- Purchased Leave
- Study Leave
- Picnic Day - One extra day paid leave for all permanent staff
View the position description here:
SDN Children's Services welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW) and National Police Check.
About SDN Children's Services
SDN Children’s Services is a not for profit organisation that has been delivering quality early childhood education and child care, children's therapies and family support services since 1905.
We are one of Australia’s most respected children’s services organisations, and have over 600 staff across 30 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT.