Early Childhood Teacher - SDN UNSW House at Pooh Corner
About The Centre
SDN Children's Services will commence management of House at Pooh Corner, a 72 place centre located on campus at the University of NSW in January 2021. The centre has long attracted a high number of international families which has provided children the opportunity to make friends from all around the world as well as to gain experiences of different cultures and languages. Children overlook the village green and have access to explore the grounds of the university as well as indoor and outdoor play spaces designed to stimulate play, exploration and imagination.
About The Role
To deliver an innovative, high quality and inclusive early childhood program for children that reflects current theory, practice and the values and philosophies of SDN and ensure positive outcomes for all children.
This is a full time permanent position working in the 2-3 years room.
- University qualifications in Early Childhood Education and registration with NESA
- Current Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Excellent understanding of current early childhood practice that is informed by the Early Years Learning Framework, and naturalistic, responsive early childhood intervention practices
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards and the implications for centres
- Understanding of the development of children, their health, hygiene and nutritional needs
- Commitment and skill in providing quality and appropriate experiences and inviting learning environments for children
- Experience in leading and guiding practice of other Educators
- Understanding of current pedagogical thinking and research
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and holds an approved and current Child Protection Training qualification
- Current Senior First Aid certificate and current Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate (preferable)
SDN's values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you! We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative.
SDN Benefits include:
- Positive welcoming culture
- Ongoing training and development with long term career progression opportunities
- Working with a team of professionals who have extensive experience and knowledge gained through our 110 + year history of supporting children and families
- Priority placement for children of staff members
- Discounted child care fee
- Paid parental leave
- Finders fee - Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- SDN Staff Giving Fund
- Purchased Leave
- Study Leave
- Picnic Day - One extra day paid leave for all permanent staff
View the position description:
SDN Children's Services welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW) and National Police Check.
About SDN Children's Services
SDN Children’s Services is a not for profit organisation that has been delivering quality early childhood education and child care, children's therapies and family support services since 1905.
We are one of Australia’s most respected children’s services organisations, and have over 600 staff across 30 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT.