Gunnedah Preschool is a Community Preschool educating children 3-6 years of age. Gunnedah Preschool is licensed for 50 children a day, a room of 20 and a room of 30.
Gunnedah Preschool is searching for an Acting Director to fill the Director position for a 12 month maternity leave position.
The Director is responisble for:
- Taking on all duties and responsibilities of the Nominated Supervisor as per the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations and other relevant legislation
- Being the responsible person in charge of the Preschool and in his/her absence, ensure that another responsible person (as defined by the National Law) is in charge of the Preschool
- Leading his/her team to engage in a program of continuous improvement as they meet the requirements of the Children (Education and Care Services National Law) Bill 2010; the Education and Care Services National Regulations; and the National Quality Standard for Early Education and Care, and other relevant legislation
- Ensuring Gunnedah Preschool’s Quality Improvement Plan is implemented and that the team aspire to achieve an Exceeding rating when being assessed and rated against the National Quality Standard for Early Education and Care by the Regulatory Authority
- Ensuring that the policies of the Preschool are developed, reviewed and implemented
- Working within the framework of the Gunnedah Preschool Philosophy to deliver inclusive curriculum which promotes and celebrates best practice in early years education and care
- Overseeing the programming and practice of educators as they implement the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) alongside the Educational Leader
- Developing strong relationships that support families and partner with families in the education and care of their child/ren
- Role modelling behaviours and practices that reflect Gunnedah Preschool’s philosophy and implement the policies and associated procedures at all times
- Working in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the Early Childhood Australia
The Director must have:
- Diploma of Children's Services or Bachelor of Early Childhood
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- Current Working With Children Check
- Extensive knowledge of the NQF, NQS and EYLF
- Leadership and/or management experience
- Experience working with children aged 3-5 years
Please email your resume and cover letter to Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19th 2021.