Lead Educator - Bowen Hills
The Avenues Group of Centres is family owned and operated. We have been providing quality care and education since 2003. Each centre in the group has its own unique character and offers services that reflect the local communities in which they are located.
The Avenues Group is committed to providing inclusive environments for children and families. Underpinning this value is our fundamental belief that each child is unique, bringing to the environment a unique set of capabilities and pre-dispositions. Our aim is to foster within each child awareness and acceptance of others so that they attach positive feelings to the diversity of people.
Why join us
- Generous staff incentives and remuneration: Above award pay, staff childcare discounts, social gatherings, Christmas gift, birthday gift, uniform and attendance to our yearly Christmas party and conference
- Fun budget: Avenues dedicates a generous budget annually to provide opportunities for our staff to get together and have fun outside of work. Activities chosen by YOU.
- Ongoing professional development: Ongoing training, learning and leadership opportunities
- Job security: This is a permanent part-time position with set shifts
- Great culture: Be part of a caring and respectful team, that bands together to ensure everyone feels appreciated.
We are looking for a Lead Educator to work in our 2.5 - 3.5 year old room . We are a team of honest and hardworking educators and teachers who strive every day for best quality practices. We are looking for someone who can provide the children with rich and flexible routines, programs and an environment that caters for their ever changing interests and developmental requirements.
This is a permanent part-time role working 37.5 hours per week, across 5 days. You must have full availability to work Monday to Friday between business operational hours of 7am - 6pm.
- MUST hold a Diploma of Children's Services
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Lead Educator role preferred
- Experience running a room program preferred
- A current and valid Working with Children's Check (Blue Card)
- Hold a current senior First Aid, CPR & Asthma and Anaphylaxis training certificates
- Have a good understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS)
- Have a moderate to high level of computer skills in able to use our online programming software
- Proficient in oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to build rapport with families, colleagues, stakeholders and members of the community)
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you! Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter detailing your previous relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate.