Lead Educator / Room Leader
We are looking for a professional, dedicated and passionate Lead Educator to join our team at our combined Long Day Care Centre/Kindergarten
We are a family owned, stand-alone Centre that has been in operation for over 13 years.
We take pride in putting children first and valuing the significant contribution we are making to their lives through play based education.
Our Centre Director/Nominated Supervisor is dedicated to ensuring that children’s individual needs are supported and that all children in the Centre feel safe and secure whilst they are educated in a quality, nurturing and fun environment. The Centre Director works tirelessly to ensure she is continually improving the Centre and building a strong, dynamic, passionate team of Educator’s who strive for Excellence in all that they do.
Our Owner has a strong passion for children's wellbeing and education, quality improvement, business management and for supporting all staff to learn, grow and succeed.
We also have a non-contact Assistant Director who is focused on supporting the Director and the team to ensure that the best outcomes possible are being achieved for our children.
Our Centre is well resourced and licensed for 95 children (5 classrooms), from 6 weeks old through to Kindergarten age.
The Position – EXPERIENCED LEAD EDUCATOR
As a permanent Lead Educator (Monday-Friday) at Tiny Legends, Brighton, you get to be responsible for delivering a child focused, high quality, fun and exciting program for the children in your classroom. You should understand the importance that free flowing indoor/outdoor play has in the Early Years and strive to support this ideology. The position involves completing all required paperwork including daily learning journal, observations (individual) and assessing children’s ongoing development regularly.
The successful applicant must have:
- A passion for working with children, genuinely wanting to give them the best start to life through play based education and a desire to have a positive impact on their lives and their future.
- A passion for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with families and the wider community.
- A current positive working with children check.
- Current first aid/cpr/anaphylaxis/asthma.
- Completed a Diploma of Children’s Service.
- A working understanding of the National Law & Regulations and the National Quality Framework.
- A strong understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework
- A high level of professionalism and an understanding of professional boundaries.
- A strong desire to continually improvement and strive for Excellence (as an individual and as a team)
- Strong and professional written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer you in return:
- A stand alone, family owned Centre with a generous resource budget.
- 3.5hrs of rostered Non-Contact Programming time each week.
- A fortnightly RDO (working 76hrs over a 9 day fortnight).
- A set fortnightly roster (one week of earlies, one week of lates).
- A supportive Management team with a full time, non contact, Centre Director (also the Educational Leader) and full time, non contact, Assistant Director, committed to supporting you and helping you to grow.
- A paid 6 weekly Leadership Team Meeting with the Director and all Lead Educators with a focus on improving leadership skills and the ongoing improvement of the Centre's leadership team (as well as plenty of 'brainstorming' opportunities).
- A paid 6 weekly full team meeting with the entire team with a focus on quality improvement of the team and Centre.
If you are looking to join an amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter, outlining your experience and why you think you would be the right person for this position, to Lisa Locke at email@example.com.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00 – $31.50 per hour
Expected Start Date: 19/04/2021