At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Epping North Early Learning Centre
The Epping North YMCA Early Learning Centre and OSHC Service was built as part of the Governments New School PPP Project. The Early Learning Centre and OSHC Service opened in January 2017 and was built on the same footprint as the Harvest Home Primary School.
We are a 104 place service with 6 rooms catering for children from 6 weeks old to integrated 4yr old kindergarten. With an ever growing local community and a great reputation, our service is growing in occupancy.
Sustainable practices and respect for our environments are a high priority within our centre, being integrated into each daily program by having a natural environment both indoors and outdoors including various animals.
Key Elements of the Role
This exciting leadership position will oversee the daily operations and strategic development of the Service. It is a fantastic opportunity to be part of developing a modern centre and a high-performing team. As a motivated and customer-focused leader, the Centre Manager will lead a highly engaged and dedicated team of Children's Programs staff in the exceptional delivery of the National Quality Framework in Early Learning. You will experience specialist support from a diverse and caring team, as you lead community and family engagement, with children's potential at the heart of our service philosophy.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Creates a culture within the function where personal accountability is promoted to better influence
- Creates a culture of continuous feedback and clarity of messages within the function
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and understanding in the implementation and ongoing management of the
- National Quality Framework
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as well-developed emotional intelligence
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Tertiary Qualifications in relevant field
- First Aid Level 2
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma Qualifications
- Victorian Drivers Licence
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.