Early Childhood Teacher
The Infants’ Home Child & Family Services is a dynamic organisation, with a long tradition based on a strong sense of contemporary pathways focusing on best practice and research initiatives. Ours is a unique work environment set on four acres in Ashfield with cultural commitment to innovation, diversity, integrity and collaboration. The Infants’ Home has been a leading provider of quality, innovative education, health and care for children and families for over 145 years.
We provide integrated, inclusive early childhood services through five Early Care and Education Centres plus Family Day Care wherein 30% of our families are experiencing a range of vulnerabilities. We provide high staff ratios; strengths based practices, professional development and involvement with community networks. Staff are highly resourced and supported.
The Infants’ Home is seeking a qualified and experienced Early Childhood Teacher to join our unique integrated service. In collaboration with the Centre Director, you will be responsible for the ongoing day-to-day operation of the program, including child protection, family support and early intervention. You will have the ability to develop innovative evidenced based practice, manage people and lead change. The role is based at our Ashfield site.
- ACECQA approved early childhood teaching tertiary qualification
- Current teacher registration / accreditation approved by NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Approved Child Protection Training - CHCPRT001 / CHCPRT002
- Strong understanding of and commitment to Early Childhood Practice that is informed by the Early Years Learning Framework, Children’s Rights, Social Justice and Inclusive Practices
- Proven experience in delivering inclusive early childhood programs and working with children and families with additional needs including vulnerable situations and CALD backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a team
- Current First Aid Certificate including anaphylaxis and asthma training (HLTAID004)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia
What we can offer
- Salary Packaging up to $15,900
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Ongoing career development
- Dynamic, supportive team environment
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Competitive above award salary
Please send your updated resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role, please call Simon Zhu, Human Resources Officer, on (02) 8719 5018.