SICK OF THE LONG HOURS AND NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE?
Explore & Develop Alexandria is a privately owned Early Childhood Education Service that provides the highest quality education and care to 78 children between the ages of 6 weeks to 6 years.
We have a strong focus on building a sense of community and belonging for our children, families and the Explore & Develop team.
At Explore & Develop, we value the commitment and professionalism of our teams, recognising that their knowledge, experience, contribution and dedication is an integral part of our success.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the planning and preparation of morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for 78 children and have a passion for providing nutritional and creative meals and menus for children 0-6 yrs.
This is a permanent role working 8am – 2.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Plan nutritionally balanced and creative meals
- Prepare meals, including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Periodically review the menu taking into account seasonal considerations and feedback from families and educators
- Cater for children with allergies and additional needs
- Weekly shop including online ordering and orders of bulk food providing for weekly and daily supply of fresh food
- Carry out administrative duties required for effective kitchen management
- Stock management
- Work within a budget
- All cleaning required throughout the kitchen ensuring that the environment and equipment are maintained to the highest standard
The ideal applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Cert III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)/similar certificate or have certificates in Safe Food Handling, Menu Planning and Nutrition
- Experience cooking meals for large numbers
- Experience in menu planning
- Knowledge of allergies and an understanding of other dietary and cultural requirements that families may have for their children
- Experience with stock management and working within a budget
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Current First Aid Certificate
- The successful candidate must also provide a Working With Children Clearance prior to commencing.
Explore & Develop offers an exceptional working environment within a supportive and experienced team.
We are also in a convenient Alexandria location close to public transport and offer free on-site parking.
Please APPLY NOW and we will contact you if you are proceeding to the interview stage.