Senior Educator (Diploma) - SDN Glebe
Join the SDN village and make a real difference to the lives of children.
When you begin a career in an SDN Early Education and Care centre, you're joining a village of opportunity. Our centres are inclusive and unique environments where everyone is welcome and respected. Discover a community of professionals who are enhancing children's wellbeing by partnering with families to enrich young lives every day.
SDN Children's Services is a not for profit organisation that has been delivering quality early childhood education and child care, children's therapies and family support services since 1905.
We are one of Australia's most respected children's services organisations, and have over 600 staff across 30 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT. We also have therapists who support children with autism or a developmental delay, and can help overcome the challenges that can make everyday life and participation tough for children.
About the Centre
SDN Glebe is a cosy centre with a pleasant, home-like atmosphere that offers early childhood education and child care for 29 children from birth to school age. It is also an occasional care centre for the local community.
About The Role
To work as part of a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to children and to plan and support the implementation of an approved learning framework.
This is a full time permanent position for a Diploma qualified educator.
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the National Quality Standards
- Current Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Sound understanding of the development of children, their health, hygiene and nutritional needs
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates (preferable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and holds an approved and current Child Protection Training qualification
SDN's values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you! We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative.
SDN Benefits include:
- Positive welcoming culture
- Priority placement for children of staff members and discounted child care fees
- Paid parental leave
- Finders fee - Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- SDN Staff Giving Fund
- Purchased Leave
- Picnic Day - One extra day paid leave for all permanent staff
View the position description here:
SDN Children's Services welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW) and National Police Check.
About SDN Children's Services
SDN Children’s Services is a not for profit organisation that has been delivering quality early childhood education and child care, children's therapies and family support services since 1905.
We are one of Australia’s most respected children’s services organisations, and have over 600 staff across 30 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT.