Director/Manager OOSH Centre
Part time 12 month contract with possibility to extend
Jannali Before & After School Care is a not-for-profit service, managed by the BASC sub-committee of the Jannali Public School P&C (The Approved Provider). We offer before and after school care, extracurricular activities and popular Vacation Care programs during school holidays, in an inclusive environment where every individual can feel safe, valued and happy. In 2020, Jannali BASC was rated as ‘Exceeding’ through the Assessment and Ratings process.
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced, dedicated Centre Director/Manager, in a newly created role, to join our team. In this role, you will utilise your knowledge and experience to advise and support the team with the day-to-day operation and management of the service and ensure the Centre’s Philosophy guides critical reflection and quality improvement as required by the National Quality Framework- My Time Our Place, the National Law and Regulations, and the Centre’s Policies and Procedures.
You will share knowledge, mentor and provide guidance to the Coordinator and Educators, to ensure that inclusion, safety, quality, and compliance guides their practice and decision making.
- Diploma/Certificate 4 in Outside School Care or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership role in OOSH
- Strong understanding and adherence of:
- Experience with school aged children
- Current Working with Children Check
- Comprehensive understanding and practical implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF), the My Time Our Place Learning
Framework (MTOP), Child Protection legislation and their implications on practice
- Leadership, management and interpersonal skills with an ability to support and train colleagues
- Commitment to inclusive practice
- Ability to build respectful and professional working relationships with parents, families, colleagues and the local community
- Ensure policies and procedures are developed, updated and implemented with consideration to National Law and Regulations.
- Report to and liaise with the Approved Provide
- Attend industry meetings, in-service courses and conferences
- Active participation in monitoring the day-to-day operation and management of the service and ensure all delegated tasks are completed in line with the National Quality Framework- My Time Our Place, and the Centre’s Philosophy, Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Education and Care Services National Regulations and all applicable laws in running the centre
- Be prepared to solve problems quickly and act in the best interests of the service at all times.
- Keep abreast of changes in the BASC sector.
- Oversee the financial management of the centre ensuring spending is within the approved budget and financial records are maintained.
- Advocate for the centre within the community, local businesses and government agencies to build collaborative partnerships that enhance the services JBASC provide.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator and educators in the development and regular review of the QIP, Self-Assessment Tool, and Inclusion Support applications.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator to set Key Performance Indicators and conduct staff appraisals.
- Support program development, planning and evaluation
- Consistently role-model leadership qualities
- Nurture staff morale and promote positive behaviour to maintain and improve centre performance
- Develop relationships that support and partner with families and the community
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or call 0429134263 for enquiriesv