Early Childhood Nursery Room Lead Educator
"Education is the most powerful weapon that you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
At Little Kingdom our aim is to become part of each child's extended family. Our values love, nurture and educate guide us in every decision and action we take. We believe that we can change the world and if you would like to come on the journey with us, we can do so together!
As such, we are thrilled to announce that we are looking for devoted and dependable Early Childhood Educators to join our exceeding 90-place state of the art Early Childhood Education and Care Centre located at Harrington St, The Rocks/Sydney CBD.
Our Centre has been designed based on best practice educational principles, is highly resourced and provides a second-to-none environment for both children and educators. And given that our people are our foundation to change the world, together we'll work to ensure that children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Our Educators are involved in planning and supporting the educational program, guided by the Early Years Learning Framework, current approaches, theories and research in early childhood education. You'll have access to fantastic working conditions, support and resources as well as ongoing opportunities for professional learning and development. Don't miss the chance to join a growing and dedicated team and work in a friendly, welcoming and rewarding environment.
- Genuine warmth, care and passion for children
- Clear desire to positively shape future generations
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to build respectful and reciprocal relationships with children and families
- Supportive team member that works to high standards and takes initiative
- An ACECQA approved ECT or Diploma in Children's Services.
- Minimum 2 years Room Leader experience
- A strong understanding of the National Quality Framework, including government regulations, the National Quality Standard and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Experience in developing and implementing programmes that are interest-based, reflective of diversity and contribute to positive behaviour management and guidance techniques and strategies for children
- Strong experience in documentation, including regular observations and children's portfolios is highly regarded
- Ongoing desire for development and growth. Driving continuous improvement of the Centre.
- A professional and ethical approach to all aspects of work
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
What we offer you
- A great team and a fulfilling environment where you can make a difference
- Above award wages
- Above ratio staff resourcing and support
- An opportunity to grow your career with educational assistance and support
- Career progression and development opportunities
- Genuine warmth, care and support
- Lots of fun, including celebrating successes via gift vouchers and recognition rewards
- Regular social events to enjoy
- Discounted childcare
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Referral bonuses for referring educators or families