Early Childhood Educator - Diploma
Maroubra Neighbourhood Children’s Centre is currently looking to welcome a passionate, fun loving flexible Diploma trained Early Childhood Educator for our Centre.
We are a well-established Centre that has been operating for over 30 years, caring for and educating a maximum of 28 children /day aged 0-5years from 7.30 am -5.45pm, Monday – Friday. With our homely Centre and small groups, our children are encouraged to learn and grow in a caring and loving environment.
MNCC is conveniently located near Maroubra Beach, enjoying enviable views of our surrounding coast line.
Why you will enjoy working with us:
- We are a not- for- profit Centre that values community
- You will be working with a small dedicated team of Educators
- We are family friendly
- We have small room groups ( max 10 children) and are staffed above the required ratios
- You will receive regular time off the floor for planning & programming
- We pay above award wages, with paid lunch breaks and an RDO per month for full time employees
This is a permanent position with our 2-3 years group. You will be working alongside another experinced Diploma trained educator, with up to 10 children in your group each day.
- Develop, plan and implement a quality care and education program in conjunction with the Educational Leader, your team members and guided by the EYLF.
- Communicate positively with children, families and educators
- Maintain up to date documentation
- Respond to the emotional, physical and cognitive needs of the children in your care.
- Create a safe, stimulating and appropriate learning and care environment that extends and supports development.
- Assume the role of responsible person as required
What you need to be Successful:
- Completed Diploma of Children’s Services or other ACECQA approved qualification
- Current clear Working With Children Check number; ACECQA approved First Aid Certificate including Asthma and Anaphylaxis & Child Protection Training.
- Sound and practical knowledge of NQF, EYLF& WHS.
- Previous experience working with young children, preferable in Centre based Care
We look forward to hearing from you.
About Maroubra Neighbourhood Children's Centre
Maroubra Neighbourhood Children's Centre (MNCC) was established in May 1982 by a group of parents who were in search of quality childcare. Funding from DoCS enabled them to buy and establish a multi-purpose service for local residents.
We are a registered Cooperative, whose management comprises of a seven person Parent Management Committee. All families are invited to participate in the management process through our monthly parent meetings.
Our Centre is relatively small, catering for 26 children each day aged between six weeks and school entry. This enables us to provide a warm, relaxed and inviting environment that fosters quality interactions and a family atmosphere.