Join a team with a difference
We are a child care centre that educates and supports kids of all abilities, one of a handful of Centres that gives both Educators, children and their families a truly inclusive environment of belonging and respect set in a custom built environment.
At Mikarie, we see every child as a unique individual with different needs and goals – and we understand that not all children learn and develop the same. We aim to support all of our children and their families by providing support from our Educators and other professionals. All our children are included and encouraged to participate in all aspects of our programming.
Each day we are driven to give each and every child the best possible start in life. We are looking for an Educator who shares our vision and purpose – committed to ensuring that every child achieves their best outcomes no matter what their ability.
To be a success in this role, you will be patient, calm, friendly, a team player who is collaborative. You will help nurture and support the children in our learning community to explore the world around them and help them lead the way in their own learning, encouraging the development of strong relationships and engagement of families.
What you need to be successful in the role
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Desire to educate children with a play based focus
- Strong understanding of relevant Regulation/Legislation, Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) AND National Quality Standards (NQS)
- Professional standard of written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Work confidently and reciprocally in a team environment
- Anaphylaxis, Asthma, CPR, First Aid Certificate required (HLTAID004)
- Desire to increase knowledge and skill set within a quality Early Leaning Centre
- Current Unrestricted NSW drivers’ licence
- Current Working With Children clearance
- Cleared NDIS Worker Screening Check or the ability to obtain
- Cleared Police Clearance
- A capacity to meet the physical requirements of the job, including driving and remaining in a seated position to perform tasks
We will trust you to
- Provide educational and empowering experiences for children aged 0 – 6 years
- Contribute to programming, planning documentation and suggest and implement new ideas
- Ensure a high level of health and safety standards are maintained at all times
- Plan and implement a play-based curriculum
What’s in it for you?
- Amazing people – work alongside passionate, caring and supportive team mates
- Pay less tax and take more of your pay home with up to $15,900 in salary packaging options
- Belong to a large, leading not for profit organisation based in Kirrawee
- Continue to learn and grow with our annual training and development program
- Comprehensive induction, supervision and support to reach your potential
Who is Sylvanvale?
We proudly support over 750 adults and children with and without disability to live and participate in their community as they choose. We celebrate diversity and encourage creative thinking and actively engage our staff in conversations about how we can improve our service. We live our values of Belonging, Choice, Contribution, Respect and Safety every day.
Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing ‘What you need to be successful in the role.’ Applications close 25 June 2021.